Reading Food Labels: They Can Help Protect You From Heart Disease and Cancer.
Fat, Fiber, Sugar, Protein, Calories per serving, %Daily Value... These terms can help you shop and eat better, yet, they don't always protect you from deceptive advertising on the package. Food Packages used in presentation.
Staying healthy with plant based foods is easy when you know what to eat, how to prepare it, and where to find it on the menu when dining out.
Vegetarian eating is the oldest eating plan of all prevention diets. Nutrition related diseases of the heart and kidney, many cancers, and obesity continually show greater improvement than any other eating style researched in nutrition. Vegetarian cuisine is easier than you think. If you like to cook, want to learn how to finally make tofu taste good, this is a good starter class.
Included in the workshop are introduction to various plant based foods that keep you healthy, food demonstration and recipes. Plant Based Foods Discussed: grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts & seeds, and sea-vegetables.
Vegetarian Nutrition: Cooking Demonstration.
Knowing about Vegetarian Nutrition and preparing the cuisine are two different things. Learn how to organize your kitchen and prepare meals in less than an hour, some in less than 30 minutes. Many delicious recipes to learn that provide great health benefits: Miso Vegetable Soup, Creamy Squash Soup, Lentil or Bean soups, Minestrone Soup, Vegetable Lasagna, Brown Rice Vegetable Sushi Rolls, Ginger Sauce, Teriyaki Sauce, Chili Sauce, Wasabi Sauce, Vegetable Stir Fry, Grain & Bean Vegetable Salads, Tofu Dips, Tofu Cream Cheese, Cooked Fruit, Natural Berries in Gelatin, Tofu Cream Puddings, Date and Nut Bars, etc.
Foods And Moods- Learn to Improve Your Energy Levels Throughout the Day.
Yes! Learn to make the most of what is called your circadian rhythms, which control your sleep and waking cycles of energy and relaxation. Empty calorie foods such as Sugar, Alcohol, Fat and Caffeine can play havoc on your body's ability to relax or be energized. Balancing protein and carbohydrate foods can also affect your neurotransmitters in your brain causing you to be over-tired or over-stimulated.
Osteoporosis Prevention For Women and Men.
Keeping your bones dense starts in your teens. Women begin to lose bone mass at age 35, men at age 60. 80% of all women after the age of 65 will have some form of osteoporosis. The discussion includes calcium rich foods, supplementation, meal planning, and protein sources.
- A Few Good Multiples: How to determine a good multiple vitamin/ mineral supplement.
- Do Vitamin Pills Really Compare To Food Sources which contain vitamins and minerals?
- What vitamins and minerals do you really need to stay healthy? Discussions include: Iron, Calcium, Omega Three Fatty Acids, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium Nicotinate, L-Carnitine, Antioxidants, Polyphenols, Flavoinoids, Soluble Fiber, BetaSitoserol, Plant Sterols, etc.
- Dangerous Liasons-Gota Cola, Gaurana, Ma Huang.
Sports Nutrition: Eating To Enhance Performance, Build Muscle & Burn Fat.
Eating for your sport, burning fat, building muscle, all require the right nutrition knowledge about food, hydration and electrolytes, and supplements. This discussion includes sound advice on foods, hydration, calculating adequate protein, meal planning and supplements. All nutrition information based on published sport nutrition science & research.
Other Nutrition Topics:
- Reverse Cardiovascular Disease and Reduce Cholesterol With Foods First not Drugs
- Healthy Foods For Cancer Prevention
- Dining Out The Healthy Way
- Fiber: The Substance That Helps Reduce High Blood Sugar, Cholesterol, Cancer Colon Risk
- Nutrition and Metabolism- Wake It Up With Good Nutrition and Exercise
- Recipe Makeovers- Nourishing Quick Breakfasts, Lunches, Snacks and Dinners
- Carbohydrate Counting: Learn How to Control Your Blood Sugars and Weight
- Meal Planning To Control Your Blood Sugars